As I reflect on the Network Newsletter dated November, 1985, "Becoming your own expert Teachers as Writers", it become personal to me. As a Writing Teacher, one must display a positive model for their students. This  include writing with your students. When teachers write, we give ourselves a chance to test our own writing assignments and we get a clearer and easier understanding of writing. In addition we learn empathy for our students and we become partners in a writing community. I know writing takes time, thus, daily writing help to build momentum and help us to become an expert writing teacher. My aim in helping my students are allowing them to think about what they are going to write during their early drafts, provide tools and resources for proofreading and share appropriate written comments that will encourage and stimulate their writing development. 😀 💖😀

Comments

  1. One of the key article points that you highlighted here to me, is that when teachers write, we give ourselves a chance to test our own writing assignments and get a clearer and easier understanding of writing. This is a great point to note as it speaks true to how much better we can be as writing teachers. Just by our own understanding of writing, can help to bring out that empathy and support that our students deserve from us, when we give them their own writing tasks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the points that you wrote about, but one point stood out to me and that is teachers need to write with their students. This stood out to me because, I can recall as a students in primary school the teachers never wrote with us, thus it was very difficult for me to write an acceptable piece and that is where I developed a disliked for writing. As a teacher I taught my students the same way I were taught. After reading your summary I realize that we approach writing as an assignment instead of a way in tapping into the students imagination and creativity. Going forward I will put to used the points highlighted to ensure the students develop their skills and love for writing by having us write together

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bolster every point made and referenced from the article. However, what really stood out to me is allowing students to be apart of your writing process. When students are given the opportunity to observe your process they are themselves are developing tactics, and tools to face similar problems. Also, they would realize that writing is a process. It won't be perfect on their first attempt because even an expert writer needs to proofread, write drafts and have peer reviews.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Descriptive Writing